- Next Workshop Raffles World Academy, Dubai, UAE April 2020 - POSTPONED 16th to 18th Apr, 2020
Workshop aims and Academic content
We hope that by the end of the workshop participants will:
- Feel well-prepared to teach the course
- Have a range of teaching strategies and resources to use
- Have an international perspective on their teaching
- Be confident about inserting elements of ToK into their teaching
- Have made new contacts and intend to keep in touch with some
- Have been given some short-cuts and tips for their teaching
- Have had a good time
- Feel that they have got value for money and have been treated as professionals
Each workshop covers:
- The philosophy and pedagogy of the IB and the Diploma
- An overview of the core (ToK, extended essays and CAS) and the learner profile
- Subject-specific understanding of
- The content of the subject and how to structure a scheme of work
- Resources available
- Internal assessment (IA) - how it works and how to mark it
- External assessment (exams) - structure, sample scripts and marking
- Links with ToK
- Extended essays
Subject workshops provide you with the tools you need to develop the subject within your institution by engaging you in discussion, activities and reflection. You will share best practice and thoughts on teaching and learning strategies and resources.
Leaders are responsive to your needs and aim to create a supportive, inclusive and collegiate atmosphere.
For further information on Categories of workshop, please see WHICH WORKSHOP?