About the workshop
Please note that this workshop features the existing curriculum as the launch of the new curriculum is delayed until 2025.
This workshop is designed for participants who are keen to improve the teaching and learning experience in the DP classroom. The workshop will enable participants to:
- unpack elements of the IB Programme standards and practices as a guide for decisions regarding delivery of the subject
- review and share strategies that support successful collaborative planning and reflection which deepen links with the DP core—theory of knowledge (TOK), CAS and EE
- consolidate understanding of the nature of the extended essay and the role of the supervisor, to include reference to world studies interdisciplinary extended essay
- examine the connection between your subject, the approaches to teaching and learning and the learner profile while promoting international-mindedness
- create teaching and learning strategies that develop selfregulated and metacognitive learners
- design appropriate inquiry-based lessons and activities for the subject
- discuss strategies for addressing assessment-related challenges
- understand how to arrive at a judgment using a common assessment task and published criteria
- analyse IB subject reports to promote student achievement
- discuss successful strategies for recording, reporting and monitoring ongoing student progress
- design formative learning engagements that will equip students with the required factual, procedural and conceptual knowledge that support the summative assessment task(s)
- engage with and integrate current IB publications on the programme resource centre into your teaching
- discuss and share strategies to promote academic integrity
- interact with and explore the TSM and subject-specific teaching and learning resources on the programme resource centre and in the programme communities throughout the curriculum life cycle
- participate in professional learning communities within and beyond your school to facilitate the transfer of professional development
- reflect on your role in programme evaluation, particularly how to highlight horizontal and vertical in-school planning
About your booking
Once you have made your booking, you will receive an automatically generated BOOKING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and an invoice (or a receipted invoice if you have paid by credit card). Shortly after that, once we have processed your booking, you will receive an email from us with further information.
Once we have confirmed that the workshop will go ahead we will send you a confirmation email and an information pack which tells you everything that you need to know about joining your sessions. The links to join your sessions will be sent to you by email around 2 days before your sessions start.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org