About the workshop
This workshop is recommended for teachers new to the Diploma Programme (DP) at authorised IB World Schools and teachers from interested or candidate schools preparing for authorisation.
This workshop is designed to prepare you to teach theory of knowledge (TOK) in a manner that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy. The workshop will focus on:
- developing an understanding of the IB mission and philosophy through the DP programme model as a context for a holistic learning experience
- the Theory of Knowledge guide and associated assessment requirements with practice marking activities of sample student work
- structuring a TOK course that integrates authentic assessment and encourages students to make links across the DP that will enhance their understanding
- the dynamic nature that exists between creativity, activity, service (CAS) and TOK when emphasizing the importance of reflecting and developing self-awareness
- using the programme resource centre to access IB publications and network with other IB educators.
Within the Cat 1 workshop there will be an Introduction to Theory of Knowledge (TOK) and its place in the educational philosophy of the IB. We will also explore the Course structure and the Knowledge Framework. Including the Core theme: Knowledge and the knower and how it all links particularly strongly to the IB learner profile. The Optional themes (for example Knowledge and technology) extend from the Core themes and have strong links to International mindedness.
About your booking
Once you have made your booking, you will receive an automatically generated BOOKING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and an invoice (or a receipted invoice if you have paid by credit card). Shortly after that, once we have processed your booking, you will receive an email from us with further information.
Once we have confirmed that the workshop will go ahead we will send you a confirmation email and an information pack which tells you everything that you need to know about joining your sessions. The links to join your sessions will be sent to you by email around 2 days before your sessions start.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org