About the workshop
This workshop is designed for participants who are keen to start a DP history course, with a focus on strengthening the understanding of assessment requirements. The workshop will focus on elements such as:
- To identify ways to create a challenging programme of international education through the study of history
- To understand the requirements of program design; and to adapt it to the school’s and teacher’s context.
- To develop a deep understanding of the prescribed subjects, world topics and regional options through the external assessment component paper one, two and three.
- To strengthen their understanding of the nature of the internal assessment task and the application of the assessment criteria
- To provide an opportunity for participants to engage in stimulating discussions with other teachers, and to share ideas, resources and experiences.
This workshop is recommended for
Diploma Programme (DP) subject-group teachers new to the DP at established IB World Schools and teachers from interested or candidate schools preparing for authorisation.
This workshop is designed to prepare participants to teach the subject in a manner that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy. The workshop will focus on:
- developing an understanding of the IB mission and philosophy through the programme model as a context for a holistic learning experience
- the subject-specific guide and associated internal and external assessment requirements with practice marking activities of sample student work
- structuring a course that integrates authentic assessment and encourages students to make links across the DP that will enhance their understanding
- using the programme resource centre to access IB publications and network with other IB educators.
Choose a Category 1 workshop if
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administering the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like a review before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
About your booking
Once you have made your booking, you will receive an automatically generated BOOKING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and an invoice (or a receipted invoice if you have paid by credit card). Shortly after that, once we have processed your booking, you will receive an email from us with further information.
Once we have confirmed that the workshop will go ahead we will send you a confirmation email and an information pack which tells you everything that you need to know about joining your sessions. The links to join your sessions will be sent to you by email around 2 days before your sessions start.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org