About the workshop
Required for all schools preparing for candidacy.
This workshop is designed to help educational leaders to explore the philosophical and administrative implications of running the Diploma Programme (DP) in their school or schools, either when introducing a new programme or when joining an established one. The workshop will focus on:
- The IB Diploma Programme model and how it holistically links the IB Mission and philosophy, Approaches to Teaching and Learning, and the curriculum (Core and Subject Groups).
- The implications for the school and its community of implementing the DP, including costs and staffing.
- Strategies to support successful implementation of the DP across a range of school contexts.
- The IB Programme Standards and Practices (2020) and the processes involved in application for candidacy and authorization and in the 5-year evaluation.
This workshop is intended for members of educational leadership teams (school directors, school principals, district officials, head teachers) who are:
1. In schools or districts which are considering the implementation of the Diploma Programme and are conducting the feasibility study.
2. In schools or districts which have decided to apply to offer the Diploma Programme.
3. In a non-IB school but who are interested in learning about the Diploma Programme.
4. New to the DP and about to join an authorised or candidate school.
On occasion, a principal or head may designate another senior member of staff to attend in his or her place.
The workshop is not appropriate for administrative assistants, course secretaries or personal assistants.
About your booking
Once you have made your booking, you will receive an automatically generated BOOKING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and an invoice (or a receipted invoice if you have paid by credit card). Shortly after that, once we have processed your booking, you will receive an email from us with further information.
Once we have confirmed that the workshop will go ahead we will send you a confirmation email and an information pack which tells you everything that you need to know about joining your sessions. The links to join your sessions will be sent to you by email around 2 days before your sessions start.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org