About the workshop
KEY CONTENTS / LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
- develop an understanding of IB Principles and Practices and how these related to ESS
- explore the relationship of the DP model and ESS, including ToK, CAS, EE
- understand the unique nature of ESS as a interdisciplinary course that unites Group 3 and Group 4 and utilizing this information to plan appropriate lessons and course delivery, including PSOWs
- investigating the internal and external assessment models for ESS, including practice marking
- sharing of Best Practices and ideas for the ESS classroom among colleagues
This workshop is recommended for
Diploma Programme (DP) subject-group teachers new to the DP at established IB World Schools and teachers from interested or candidate schools preparing for authorisation.
This workshop is designed to prepare participants to teach the subject in a manner that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy. The workshop will focus on:
- developing an understanding of the IB mission and philosophy through the programme model as a context for a holistic learning experience
- the subject-specific guide and associated internal and external assessment requirements with practice marking activities of sample student work
- structuring a course that integrates authentic assessment and encourages students to make links across the DP that will enhance their understanding
- using the programme resource centre to access IB publications and network with other IB educators.
Choose a Category 1 workshop if
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administering the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like a review before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
About your booking
Once you have made your booking, you will receive an automatically generated BOOKING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and an invoice (or a receipted invoice if you have paid by credit card). Shortly after that, once we have processed your booking, you will receive an email from us with further information.
Once we have confirmed that the workshop will go ahead we will send you a confirmation email and an information pack which tells you everything that you need to know about joining your sessions. The links to join your sessions will be sent to you by email around 2 days before your sessions start.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please contact us at email@example.com