About the workshop
The aim of the workshop is to engage participants in discussions and collaborative activities focusing on:
- The integration of global and international topics to the study of psychology
- Employing methods and strategies promoting critical thinking in psychology while utilizing various approaches to teaching and learning
- Developing formative and summative assessment questions aligning with the external assessments
- The application of assessment criteria when marking student scripts
- The sharing of research and resources appropriate to the study of psychology
- The integration of the DP core—theory of knowledge (TOK), extended essay (EE) and creativity, activity, service (CAS)—with the study of psychology.
This workshop is recommended for:
Diploma Programme (DP) subject teachers who have prepared students for at least one DP exam session.
This workshop is designed for participants who are keen to improve the teaching and learning experience in the DP classroom. The workshop will focus on:
- assessing the links between IB Programme standards and practices to enhance the teaching and learning experience
- developing strategies to improve student access to the DP; for example, differentiating the curriculum and offering multilingual classrooms
- reviewing aspects of assessment to ensure that teaching and learning activities promote student achievement and address subject-specific assessment criteria, both internal and external
- integrating the IB philosophy, theory of knowledge (TOK) and creativity, activity, service (CAS) to promote student understanding
- understanding how collaborative planning increases connections between subjects that can reinforce knowledge, understanding and skills
- the role of the extended essay supervisor and subject-specific assessment criteria
- the implementation of DP policies and procedures
Choose a Category 2 workshop to develop your expertise in delivering an IB programme.
You will have an opportunity to:
- make connections between programme frameworks and classroom practice
- enhance your understanding of assessment in IB programmes
- discuss and analyse standards and practices
About your booking
Once you have made your booking, you will receive an automatically generated BOOKING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and an invoice (or a receipted invoice if you have paid by credit card). Shortly after that, once we have processed your booking, you will receive an email from us with further information.
Once we have confirmed that the workshop will go ahead we will send you a confirmation email and an information pack which tells you everything that you need to know about joining your sessions. The links to join your sessions will be sent to you by email around 2 days before your sessions start.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org