About the workshop
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop focusses on the existing curriculum. The curriculum change originally scheduled for 2020-21 will now take place in Spring 2023. New curriculum workshops for this subject will be available from April 2023.
This workshop provides a forum for experienced IB Biology Teachers to focus on ways to improve the delivery, assessment, teaching and learning of biology within the IB diploma programme. It consolidates understanding of the assessment and supervision requirements for the biology extended essay.
Throughout the workshop, participants will get the chance to discuss and share their individual strategies for teaching and learning in the DP Biology classroom.
This workshop is recommended for Diploma Programme (DP) subject teachers who have prepared students for at least one DP exam session.
This workshop is designed for participants who are keen to improve the teaching and learning experience in the DP classroom. The workshop will focus on:
- assessing the links between IB Programme standards and practices to enhance the teaching and learning experience
- developing strategies to improve student access to the DP; for example, differentiating the curriculum and offering multilingual classrooms
- reviewing aspects of assessment to ensure that teaching and learning activities promote student achievement and address subject-specific assessment criteria, both internal and external
- integrating the IB philosophy, theory of knowledge (TOK) and creativity, activity, service (CAS) to promote student understanding
- understanding how collaborative planning increases connections between subjects that can reinforce knowledge, understanding and skills
- the role of the extended essay supervisor and subject-specific assessment criteria
- the implementation of DP policies and procedures
You will have an opportunity to:
- make connections between programme frameworks and classroom practice
- enhance your understanding of assessment in IB programmes
- discuss and analyse standards and practices
About your booking
Once you have made your booking, you will receive an automatically generated BOOKING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and an invoice (or a receipted invoice if you have paid by credit card). Shortly after that, once we have processed your booking, you will receive an email from us with further information.
Once we have confirmed that the workshop will go ahead we will send you a confirmation email and an information pack which tells you everything that you need to know about joining your sessions. The links to join your sessions will be sent to you by email around 2 days before your sessions start.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org