This workshop is recommended for
Diploma Programme (DP) subject-group teachers new to the DP at established IB World Schools and teachers from interested or candidate schools preparing for authorisation.
This workshop is designed to prepare participants to teach the subject in a manner that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy. The workshop will focus on:
- An introduction to the new Music DP syllabus set for implementation in the Fall of 2020 with first exams being Spring 2022.
- A study of the relationships, applications and connections of the Approaches to Teaching and Learning to the new music syllabus.
- Discussion of concepts and ideas on building and developing an effective music journal.
- Sharing ideas on the development of a culture of Inquiry Based learning.
- The study of contextual concepts within the curriculum.
- An overview of the syllabus components including exploring, performing, experimenting and presenting music.
- An investigation of the perspective of the music student as researcher, creator and performer.
- Assessment guidelines
Choose a Category 1 workshop if
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administering the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like a review before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.