This workshop is designed to help new DP Coordinators and administrators implement the programme in a manner that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy, while at the same time conforming to the DP programme standards and practices.
By exploring various leadership and administration facets of the role, this workshop will focus on:
- developing an understanding of the IB mission and philosophy through the DP model as a context for a holistic learning experience
- the roles and responsibilities of the DP coordinator and possible strategies for implementing the DP in the context of the school in which participants work
- supporting the various stakeholders related to the school’s Diploma Programme
- IB programme standards and practices and the processes involved in application both for candidacy and authorization
- key IB publications that inform the work of the DP Coordinator
- online systems, such as International Baccalaureate Information System (IBIS) and the Programme resource centre, that are vital to the role of the DP Coordinator.
By the conclusion of the workshop, participants will not only have a strong understanding of the underlying principles of the DP but will also have begun to draft various school-specific documents to help with the ongoing implementation and growth of the DP.