This workshop is recommended for
Diploma Programme (DP) subject-group teachers new to the DP at established IB World Schools and teachers from interested or candidate schools preparing for authorisation.
This workshop is designed to prepare participants to teach the subject in a manner that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy. The workshop will focus on:
- developing an understanding of the IB mission and philosophy through the programme model as a context for a holistic learning experience
- the subject-specific guide and associated internal and external assessment requirements with practice marking activities of sample student work
- structuring a course that integrates authentic assessment and encourages students to make links across the DP that will enhance their understanding
- using the programme resource centre to access IB publications and network with other IB educators.
Choose a Category 1 workshop if
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administering the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like a review before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.