About the workshop
This workshop is designed for CAS coordinators who are relatively new to the role or those who have limited experience of CAS.
This workshop is designed to help Coordinators develop a quality CAS programme that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy. The workshop will focus on:
- the IB mission and philosophy and the programme model as a context for a holistic learning experience
- the experiential learning framework, how this relates to CAS and how CAS can support teaching and learning across the Diploma Programme
- the dynamic nature that exists between CAS and theory of knowledge (TOK) when emphasizing the importance of reflection and developing self-awareness
- types of conditions and activities that are suitable when developing a meaningful CAS experience that promotes the idea of “thinking globally, acting locally”
- the meaning of CAS for the wider school community
- the roles that the CAS coordinator and supervisor play, and how the roles differ
- the meaning of CAS for students’ personal successes and challenges
- the use of the programme resource centre to access IB publications and network with other IB educators.
The main outcomes for participants are:
- To see CAS as an important and compulsory part of the core of the IB Diploma with its focus on the personal development of the student. In addition, we shall see how CAS relates to the other parts of the IB Core (the Extended Essay and CAS)
- To understand CAS as being a form of experiential education that encourages students to learn by being reflective on their experiences.
- To discuss and clarify what is meant by a CAS experience and a project for students.
- To examine the way that CAS supports the IBDP subjects and is supported by them.
- To have an understanding of the role of the CAS Coordinator and how to organise the programme within a school.
- To understand the role of the school in supporting the CAS programme according the standards and practices of the IB.
About your booking
Once you have made your booking, you will receive an automatically generated BOOKING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and an invoice (or a receipted invoice if you have paid by credit card). Shortly after that, once we have processed your booking, you will receive an email from us with further information.
Once we have confirmed that the workshop will go ahead we will send you a confirmation email and an information pack which tells you everything that you need to know about joining your sessions. The links to join your sessions will be sent to you by email around 2 days before your sessions start.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org