This workshop provides a forum for experienced IB Biology Teachers to focus on ways to improve the delivery, assessment, teaching and learning of biology within the IB diploma programme.
It consolidates understanding of the assessment and supervision requirements for the biology extended essay.
Throughout the workshop, participants will get the chance to discuss and share their individual strategies for teaching and learning in the DP Biology classroom.
This workshop is recommended for:
Diploma Programme (DP) subject teachers who have prepared students for at least one DP exam session.
This workshop is designed for participants who are keen to improve the teaching and learning experience in the DP classroom. The workshop will focus on:
- assessing the links between IB Programme standards and practices to enhance the teaching and learning experience
- developing strategies to improve student access to the DP; for example, differentiating the curriculum and offering multilingual classrooms
- reviewing aspects of assessment to ensure that teaching and learning activities promote student achievement and address subject-specific assessment criteria, both internal and external
- integrating the IB philosophy, theory of knowledge (TOK) and creativity, activity, service (CAS) to promote student understanding
- understanding how collaborative planning increases connections between subjects that can reinforce knowledge, understanding and skills
- the role of the extended essay supervisor and subject-specific assessment criteria
- the implementation of DP policies and procedures
Choose a Category 2 workshop to develop your expertise in delivering an IB programme.
You will have an opportunity to:
- make connections between programme frameworks and classroom practice
- enhance your understanding of assessment in IB programmes
- discuss and analyse standards and practices