This masterclass provides a forum for both new and experienced Theory of Knowledge teachers and coordinators to understand the demands of the TOK essay in order to prepare students for success.
Throughout the masterclass, participants will get the chance to understand changes to the essay in the new TOK course (first assessment 2022), analyse components that make essays successful and discuss strategies to support students with the completion of the TOK essay.
This masterclass is recommended for all TOK teachers who are teaching or preparing to teach the Theory of Knowledge course (first assessment 2022) and for IB DP teachers who are keen to improve the teaching and learning experience in their DP classroom by:
- developing a better understanding of the TOK essay and the new assessment instrument
- reviewing the essay process in order to ensure that students can produce good quality essays
- collaborating to develop tools and strategies to support all students with the TOK essay writing process
- discussing the role of the TK/PPF and how it can be managed best
As a participant you will have the opportunity to:
- design a more effective TOK essay planning and writing process
- enhance your understanding of assessment in TOK
- develop systems to better support other TOK teachers and DP students
Please note that ibicus Masterclasses are designed to help you delve deeper into a particular subject; they are not IB authorised/certified and do not count towards authorisation