This masterclass provides a forum for both new and experienced Theory of Knowledge teachers and coordinators to understand the demands of the TOK essay in order to prepare students for success.
Throughout the masterclass, participants will get the chance to understand changes to the essay (final assessment November 2021), analyse components that make essays successful and discuss strategies to support students with the completion of the TOK essay.
This masterclass is recommended for all TOK teachers who are currently teaching or leading Theory of Knowledge and for IB DP teachers who are keen to improve their support for students they teach by:
- discussing the latest TOK essay titles for the November 2021 session
- develop a better understanding of the TOK essay and the assessment instrument
- reviewing the essay process in order to ensure that students can produce good quality essays
- collaborating to develop tools and strategies to support all students with the TOK essay writing process
- discussing the role of the TK/PPF and how it can be managed best
As a participant you will have the opportunity to:
- share approaches to the November 2021 TOK essays titles
- design a more effective TOK essay planning and writing process
- enhance your understanding of assessment in TOK
- develop systems to better support other TOK teachers and DP students