About the Masterclass
UPDATED MASTERCLASS - now includes an opportunity to share and review experiences of exhibitions completed in DP1.
This Masterclass provides a forum for both new and experienced Theory of Knowledge teachers and coordinators to better understand the new TOK exhibition. The aim is to help schools to make better provision for the TOK exhibition by ensuring that students are appropriately prepared.
Teachers will get the chance to analyse the exhibition components, design and discuss potential exhibitions, and share ideas about the possible media that might be utilised to exhibit student work. In this updated Masterclass, we will also have the chance to share our experiences of the exhibitions that were completed in DP1. We will critically analyse the exhibition processes, review student work and identify steps to make our exhibitions even stronger.
This seminar is recommended for:
All Theory of Knowledge teachers who are teaching or who are preparing to teach the Theory of Knowledge course (first assessment 2022).
It is designed for those who are keen to improve the teaching and learning experience in the DP classroom. The seminar will focus on:
- assessing the links between the exhibition instructions, process and product, in order to enhance the teaching and learning experience
- reviewing aspects of teaching and learning activities in order to promote student achievement and address task-specific assessment criteria
- designing other aspects of the TOK course so that the exhibition is well supported
- evaluating a range of possible models of exhibition in order to evaluate which is best for each school that is represented
You will have an opportunity to:
- make connections between elements of the new TOK course and the exhibition
- enhance your understanding of assessment in TOK
- develop ways to better support other TOK teachers and your students
- review student work from exhibitions already completed
Please note that IBICUS Masterclasses are designed to help you delve deeper into a particular subject; they are not IB authorised/certified and do not count towards authorisation.
About your booking
Once you have made your booking, you will receive an automatically generated BOOKING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and an invoice (or a receipted invoice if you have paid by credit card). Shortly after that, once we have processed your booking, you will receive an email from us with further information.
Once we have confirmed that the workshop will go ahead we will send you a confirmation email and an information pack which tells you everything that you need to know about joining your sessions. The links to join your sessions will be sent to you by email around 2 days before your sessions start.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please contact us at email@example.com