The Language ab-initio Cat.1 workshop is designed for teachers who have very little experience or are new to the Language ab-initio programme. During this workshop participants will get the opportunity to:
- Develop and understanding the IB’s mission and philosophy, and the DP´s features, structure and components
- Examine and reflect on the impact of the IB Learner Profile, International- mindedness and Academic Honesty on the Language ab initio course
- Understand of the role and significance of TOK and CAS for the Language ab initio course and create opportunities for these components of the DP Core in Language ab-initio courses.
- Analyse the optimal course sequence to allow for the design of an effective lesson plan
- Become familiar with the assessment objectives and requirements for the different assessment components of the Language ab-initio course: Reading and listening (P2), Writing (P1), Oral.
- Reflect on what it is required for the development of skills that ensure success in all the assessment components
- Become familiar with IB resources to support teachers in lesson design and teaching, as well as sharing resources and good practices for teaching of language ab-initio courses.