This workshop is recommended for:
Counsellors, post-secondary advisors or career guidance officers from IB World Schools with at least one year of experience working within a Diploma Programme.
New or recently appointed Counsellors, post-secondary advisors or career guidance counsellors working with IB students from established Diploma Programmes in an IB World School.
The workshop is designed to
- review and update counsellors on the standards and practices of the DP to support momentum and maximize student attainment.
- define and discuss the role of the IB counsellor and learn strategies to support the effectiveness of the counsellor working with IB students.
- keep abreast of changes in the DP and articulate the outcomes to properly advise students towards diploma attainment and post-secondary options.
- explore current trends in post-secondary options and access
- learn strategies to effectively communicate with universities.