- Next Workshop International School Prague, Czech Republic, 2020 18th to 20th Feb, 2020
Developing service learning - Category: 3
18 - 20 February - International School Prague, Czech Republic, 2020
15 hours of expert tuition over 2.5 days, with full resources and great food and refreshments; workshops start at 09:00 on Day 1 and end at 12:30 on Day 3; workshop accommodation is not included in the fees. For further information see WORKSHOP INFO
About this Workshop
Overall purpose of workshop
How can educators develop students’ intrinsic motivation for service learning in the school community and beyond? Challenging learning environments help students to develop the imagination and motivation they need in order to meet their own needs and the needs of others.
- Explore the core elements of action and service learning.
- Examine social entrepreneurship in the school context and use different models to evaluate alternative ways for schools to approach and manage projects that deal with critical social, economic and environmental issues.
The aims of the teaching and learning of the workshop are to encourage and enable participants to:
- understand how international-mindedness and the learner profile connect and explore influences that encourage individuals and schools to act
- evaluate and design service-learning experiences that are relevant, meaningful and transformative
- visualize and plan for school policies, practices and beliefs that recognize the significance of social justice when engaging in service learning and social entrepreneurship
- review curriculum opportunities across the continuum and demonstrate awareness of service learning and community engagement processes.
More information about Categories
|Regular Confirmed Price||£820.00 plus VAT||ADD TO CART|
|Premium Late Booking Price||£920.00 plus VAT|
Independent educational consultant, trainer, Field Representative and IBEN Workshop Leader for the International Baccalaureate and its providers As a professional education consultant, Dianne works with leading educators around the world, developing teachers to reach their full potential. She is an…
Read more about Dianne Blackburn