About the Masterclass
This is a 4-hour Masterclass focusing on developing your knowledge and understanding of the EE and your role in supporting students, staff, and coordinators in their respective roles.
- Explore the IB EE guide and other relevant policies, learn the Librarian Dos & Don’ts for the EE, and share best practices in academic support.
- Know the various roles & responsibilities in the EE process (student, supervisor, coordinator), and consider how best to support each in order to maximize student learning and achievement.
- Deepen your understanding of academic integrity and how it interacts with high stakes assessments, and consider how a ‘systems approach’ to policy helps reduce mal-practice rather than merely respond to it.
- Practice ‘Plagiarism triage’ by learning how to use a software checker (such as Turnitin) as a micro feedback tool, rather than a big stick.
PLUS Collaborate on a workshop series of EE skills for students:
- How to write your research question
- Research practices for both open internet and academic sources
- Essential bridging skills such as Note-taking & Brainstorming
- Citation & bibliography
- The art of good reflective writing
- Leveraging technology to increase efficiency and quality during the research process
About your booking
Once you have made your booking, you will receive an automatically generated BOOKING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and an invoice (or a receipted invoice if you have paid by credit card). Shortly after that, once we have processed your booking, you will receive an email from us with further information.
Once we have confirmed that the workshop will go ahead we will send you a confirmation email and an information pack which tells you everything that you need to know about joining your sessions. The links to join your sessions will be sent to you by email around 2 days before your sessions start.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org