This Masterclass is for all Coordinators and school leaders and aims to help you to:
- understand how a sustained focus on developing Approaches to Teaching skills can benefit individual teachers & departments leading to whole school improvement.
- explore best practice of how to support colleagues in managing a change in emphasis on ATL skills
- examine how a well-developed focus on ATL skills supports students in developing their own Approaches to Learning
- enhance their understanding of the ATLs and explore how they can be developed in schools.
- investigate the pedagogical and andragogical principles that help support managing change
- model how to develop existing schemes of work with a focus on ATL skills.
What you take back to your school:
- sharing of best practice in how to develop ATL skills.
- suggestions for subject specific approaches to teaching that help enhance students’ approaches to learning without detracting from subject specific knowledge and skills
Please note that IBICUS Masterclasses are designed to help you delve deeper into a particular subject; they are not IB authorised/certified and do not count towards authorisation.