- Next Workshop Raffles World Academy, Dubai, UAE April 2020 - POSTPONED 16th to 18th Apr, 2020
Language Ab Initio (generic) - Category: 1
10 - 12 September - Dubai International Academy Barsha, Dubai 10-12 Sept 2020
In association with Innoventures Education Training Centre. Includes 15 hours of expert tuition over 2.5 days, with full resources and great food and refreshments
About this Workshop
The Language ab-initio Cat.1 workshop is designed for teachers who have very little experience or are new to the Language ab-initio programme. During this workshop participants will get the opportunity to:
- Develop and understanding the IB’s mission and philosophy, and the DP´s features, structure and components
- Examine and reflect on the impact of the IB Learner Profile, International- mindedness and Academic Honesty on the Language ab initio course
- Understand of the role and significance of TOK and CAS for the Language ab initio course and create opportunities for these components of the DP Core in Language ab-initio courses.
- Analyse the optimal course sequence to allow for the design of an effective lesson plan
- Become familiar with the assessment objectives and requirements for the different assessment components of the Language ab-initio course: Reading and listening (P2), Writing (P1), Oral.
- Reflect on what it is required for the development of skills that ensure success in all the assessment components
- Become familiar with IB resources to support teachers in lesson design and teaching, as well as sharing resources and good practices for teaching of language ab-initio courses.
More information about Categories
|Regular Confirmed Price||£820.00 plus VAT||ADD TO CART|
|Premium Late Booking Price||£920.00 plus VAT|
Innoventures Education Training Centre
Al Barsha Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 4 524 4800
Local Dial: 04 524 4800