- Next Workshop Raffles World Academy, Dubai, UAE April 2020 - POSTPONED 16th to 18th Apr, 2020
Language Ab Initio (generic) - Category: 1
16 - 18 April - Raffles World Academy, Dubai, UAE April 2020 - POSTPONED
In association with Innoventures Education Training Centre. Includes 15 hours of expert tuition over 2.5 days, with full resources and great food and refreshments
About this Workshop
The Language ab-initio Cat.1 workshop is designed for teachers who have very little experience or are new to the Language ab-initio programme. During this workshop participants will get the opportunity to:
- Develop and understanding the IB’s mission and philosophy, and the DP´s features, structure and components
- Examine and reflect on the impact of the IB Learner Profile, International- mindedness and Academic Honesty on the Language ab initio course
- Understand of the role and significance of TOK and CAS for the Language ab initio course and create opportunities for these components of the DP Core in Language ab-initio courses.
- Analyse the optimal course sequence to allow for the design of an effective lesson plan
- Become familiar with the assessment objectives and requirements for the different assessment components of the Language ab-initio course: Reading and listening (P2), Writing (P1), Oral.
- Reflect on what it is required for the development of skills that ensure success in all the assessment components
- Become familiar with IB resources to support teachers in lesson design and teaching, as well as sharing resources and good practices for teaching of language ab-initio courses.
More information about Categories
|Regular Confirmed Price||£820.00 plus VAT|
|Premium Late Booking Price||£920.00 plus VAT||ADD TO CART|
Barbara Battaglino is originally from Italy and holds s an Italian Honours Degree in Sciences of Education. She has taught IB Diploma languages (Italian A Literature/Italian B/Italian ab-initio and Spanish ab-initio) since 2008 in British schools, both in the…
Read more about Barbara Battaglino
Additional Workshop & Subject Information
Innoventures Education Training Centre
Al Marcup Street (formerly Street 7), Umm Suqeim 3, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 4 4271351/2
Local Dial: 04 427 1351/2