What a few people have said about our workshops...
"I just wanted to say thank you, because it was my first experience of an Ibicus / IB training course, and I not only had a great time, but have learned so much! I’ve come back to school today and been a bit evangelical about the IB, I’m changing the way we teach IB completely in the department, and have talked to the IB students today about the cahgnes we’re making; I’m excited about it, and feel so much more confident in my teaching of IB now!"
- Laura Swadkin, Bexley Grammar School, attending Music workshop at Wellington College
"The workshop was great and the group of attendees internationally minded and fun. There was much learning and quality conversations, not to mention the sharing of experiences and ideas. The discussions around CAS and ToK across curriculum were valuable as well. Thank you also for taking such good care of us with housing, meals and special requests. You are a great team!"
- Barbara Beaufait, Thuringia International School, Germany, attending Administrators workshop at Wellington College
"I would just like to express my gratitude for the all round excellence of the course both in terms of the quality of the delivery by workshop leader Brad Philpot and the superb organisation by the whole of the Ibicus team who presented such a warm and friendly welcome throughout the weekend."
- Catherine Bardrick, Interational School of Monaco, attending English A Language & Literature workshop at Wellington College
"The Ibicus team provide first class IB training workshops. I recently attended an English A: Language and Literature workshop at Wellington College and the co-ordination of the wide range of workshops to teachers from 46 different countries was done smoothly, professionally and always with a smile. From the initial email communications to sorting out the logistics of the workshops, teaching rooms, meal times and accommodation, Ibicus staff were always eager and happy to help."
- Mica Allan, Independent participant, attending English A Language & Literature workshop at Wellington College
"I thought the workshop leader for Physics was excellent. He shared his methods, ideas and experience focusing on how we can adopt this in our classroom and school. I have come away with resources and ideas for the whole school, some that I will introduce now in my lessons and as a school. He gave helpful hints and advice on how to support all students from those that will get all 7’s to some that will be borderline passing. But most importantly I feel I understand the system in greater depth and have more confidence in how we can support our students. Great hotel and great team of coordinators, Thank you."
- William Horsburgh, Al Bateen Secondard School, attending Physics Category 1 workshop, Dubai September 2012
"I thought the Workshop and our leader Marc (Abrioux) truly excellent and I have, even as a reasonably seasoned Head of an IB School, come away enriched and even better informed. By the way I thought the lunches were delicious.."
- Clive Barnes, Beaconhouse School Pakistan, attending Administrators Category 1 workshop, Dubai September 2012
"Just wanted to say thank you, the course was extremely useful and I feel so much better prepared to deliver it now. Howard (workshop leader) was very knowledgeable and I can honestly say I am excited to be part of the process now."
- Teacher from Ashcroft Academy attending Geography workshop
"Many thanks for all the information you have sent/supplied us with so far. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and have learnt so much about the IB. I feel much more confident about preparing a good IB Geography course over the next year and am actually looking forward to getting started with the teaching of it now! It all feels slightly less daunting after spending the last few days with such enthusiastic people with so many great ideas. "
- Ruth Crossley, Stonyhurst College, attending Geography workshop
"My teacher was enrolled on thet the DP Language A: Language and Literature workshop.
She came to my office to tell me about it and started telling me the main points of what she learned. I don’t know who the trainer was, but I am absolutely stunned because having no DP experience she came back with everything she needed to implement the course including the practicalities of the course. That’s what I call getting your money’s worth and then some.
I am really happy about the energy and enthusiasm she exuded as she shared everything she learned. More important than the content matter is the attitude she came back with – totally empowered and confident."
- DPC for teacher attending Arabic A workshop
"Our teacher who attended the International Mindedness workshop came back and said she was a “teacher on a mission”. She already has a plan of action in order to make the vision reality."
- DPC for teacher attending International Mindedness (Category 3) workshop
"The workshop was an enjoyable and enlightening experience"
- Teacher from Emirates International School attending Biology in Dubai
"I had a most productive weekend and would like to commend Mr Wayne Shackelford for his time, expertise and generosity in sharing resources and ideas. A very well organized and highly valued two days!"
- Upper School Assistant Principal, Frankfurt International School, attending Film workshop in Prague
"Thanks so much – the course was extremely useful and interesting. The days were very well planned and filled. Wayne, our course leader, was both generous and patient in covering the course and offering great ideas for delivery. "
- Head of Technology and Computer Science, International School of Zug and Luzern , attending Film in Prague
"A quick note to say thanks for a really tremendous workshop. Vicky (workshop leader) was challenging, extremely structured, thorough, attended to each participant's needs, and carried it all off with a sense of fun and professionalism. Your organisation was excellent and the location ideal. One of the best IB workshops ever!"
- Gilles from Sweden, attending English A, Language & Literature in Prague
"Great workshop…Vicky was so helpful and I now feel so much more confident."
- Teacher from British International School, Indonesia, attending English A, Language & Literature in Prague
"I enjoyed the time and the workshop in Prague very much. I just want to say that I have attended the German B workshop with Mr Peter Kino for three times already and been each time MORE than pleased with his workshop leading. Pete is a fantastic workshop leader, not only as a person but as a professional expert in his field as well."
- Pia-Helena from Ressun Lukio, Finland, attending German B in Prague
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and have learnt so much about the IB. I feel much more confident about preparing a good IB Geography course over the next year and am actually looking forward to getting started with the teaching of it now! It all feels slightly less daunting after spending the last few days with such enthusiastic people with so many great ideas."
- Ruth Crossley, Stonyhurst College, Geography workshop participant, Oakham School
"It has been a great thinking and learning experience for the teachers during IB workshop. I have really felt a great change. Looking forward to next workshop. Greatly organised"
- Vasalamarry Narahari Shastry Business & Management workshop participant, Dubai
"I just wanted to say thank you, the course was extremely useful and I feel so much better prepared to deliver it now. Howard (Geography workshop leader) was very knowledgeable and I can honestly say I am excited to be part of the IB process now."
- Krista Cartlidge, Ashcroft Technology Academy, UK, Geography workshop participant, Oakham School
“The Theory of Knowledge course was fantastic! The murky idea of knowledge issues was clarified and the course leader prepared relevant activities that could be used in class. My confidence in this subject has increased as has my knowledge of it. Thank you Ibicus”
- Najat Chakar, Emirates International School, Dubai ToK Dubai workshop
"I just wanted to send a quick note to say thank you on behalf of the staff who attended Workshops in Dubai. They have all said how great it was and have come back enthused and feeling that the Workshops and the opportunity to meet other IB teachers (and to get a direct feel for just how international the IBDP is) were worth the long haul flight."
- Bradfield College, UK - workshops in Dubai
"My daughter did the standard maths revision course at Wellington college the last 2 days. She said that if the teacher there had been her teacher, they would all have got 7's for their exams. She found the course excellent. Just thought you'd like to know!"
- Parent of a participant in Ibicus's Easter Revision Courses for IBDP students
"Holly (workshop leader) was absolutely fabulous. I appreciate all of her hard work and time dedicated to the workshop"
- Latin workshop participant, The Stephen Perse Sixth Form College, Cambridge
"Very clear & thorough information. Varied & appropriate pace & delivered in an interesting manner."
- French B workshop participant, The Stephen Perse Sixth Form College, Cambridge
"Lydia (workshop leader) was brilliant - explaining, supporting, encouraging. Well-organised and excellent workbook, thank you."
- Sidney Mitcheson, South Tyneside College, UK, Biology workshop, Oakham School
"A fantastic course which could not have been better. Exactly what I wanted and needed, thank you."
- Jackie Chapman, Wellington College, UK, Physics workshop, Oakham School
"Very clear and helpful information received prior to the workshop; superb teaching and hugely useful resources from workshop leader; my expectations were surpassed - don't change a thing."
- Rebecca Ahmed, Aiglon College, Switzerland, English A1 workshop, Oakham School
"Leaders were excellent - very helpful and accommodating of everyone's needs and questions."
- Felicity Storey, The Cheltenham Ladies College, UK, Geography workshop, Oakham School
"Very professional teaching of complex, interesting information but in a knowledgeable and easy way. My expectations were more than exceeded, thank you!"
- Brigitta Winterl, Nymphenburger Schulen, Germany, Librarians workshop, Oakham School
"My workshop leader was truly excellent and I learned a great deal. Everything was helpful, informative and perfect, thank you!"
- Anonymous Participant, English A1 workshop, Oakham School,
"Nothing to improve on for me; I would just add that this was one of the best workshops in terms of administration, venue and of course an amazing leader who made it so interesting and useful for all of the participants."
- Nana Patsia, European School, Georgia, Librarians workshop, Oakham School
"This has been extremely useful and reassuring as I'm starging up the course myself. It was well set up, with all the right information required. Brilliant!"
- Clare Neville, Broadway School, Birmingham, Geography workshop, Oakham School
"Darryl (Librarians workshop leader) was patient, generous & competent. Networking with colleagues was positive. Time to browse the Oakham School Library system & shelves was valuable. A lively, varied & most importantly practical workshop."
- Annalise Taylor, International Community School, London, Librarians workshop, Oakham School
"The workshop was informative, and our presenter was superb. I learned more than I thought I needed to learn.
Hope to attend again in the future."
- Robert Esenberg, Casablanca American School, Morocco, Administrators workshop, Wellington College
"I attended the Psychology workshop over the weekend. I would like to convey my sincere thanks to you for an excellent course. Sarah Dayal, our course leader, was extremely helpful in preparing us to teach the course and I feel that we learned so much from her experience and professionalism. I am feeling inspired and assured now!
- Keren Chittenden, Jumeirah English Speaking School (JESS Ranches), Dubai
"Just wanted to say thank you and let you know how much i enjoyed the Prague IB training. Easily the most insightful, useful and inspiring training course i have yet been on. I am now a complete convert to the IB Economics."
- Alex Mogford, Charterhouse School, Prague
"The workshop was excellent in terms of giving me information that was extremely useful and the workshop leaders were excellent in all respects."
- Anonymous Participant, Prague, February 2010 workshops
"I really appreciated the experience and I would, once more, like to compliment you on your excellent organisation."
- Jack Didden, dr. Mollercollege Netherlands, Cheltenham Ladies College, English A2 workshop
“Absolutely wonderful workshop and the Ladies College was lovely! I would be excited to participate in future Ibicus events.”
- Anonymous Participant, Cheltenham Ladies College, English A2 workshop
"I think everything was perfect, fruitful and informative, many thanks."
- Manana Kalatozi, European School, Georgia, Cheltenham Ladies College, English B workshop
“John Fern (workshop leader) is a font of knowledge. If he could be parcelled off to my school, we’d be so well off. Lovely setting, ideal to the subject. I expected to receive material related to the subject, which was indeed the case. I was pleasantly surprised by the goodie bag!”
- Anonymous Participant, Cheltenham Ladies College, History Route 2 workshop
“Networking was a great opportunity. I was very impressed. Tea/coffee/welcome and meals were great. Excellent course leader and a thoroughly useful experience.”
- Anonymous Participant, Cheltenham Ladies College, History Route 1 workshop
"I would like to thank Mr Russell, the IB Maths subject teacher, for both his professionalism and excellent method of teaching and providing us with excellent resources."
"Keep doing what you're doing"
"This was an excellent workshop. I have learnt so much and now feel totally confident in how to lead my department and how to delivery Maths SL. Resources are perfect!"
- Maths SL participants (Leader Vic Russell)
"I feel we benefitted hugely from only being a small group – time to go “off piste” in Q&A and discussions. We also benefitted hugely from the experience, manner and guidance of the outstanding course leader."
"Many thanks for well delivered, carefully structured and very encouraging training."
"A wonderful course – excellent pace, resources extremely useful and infused with IB ethos throughout. Can’t wait to start teaching – thank you Dermot."
- English A1 participants (Leader Dermot Gilvary)
"Just a quick email to thank you and your colleagues for all your efforts in arranging the Ibicus workshop last week in Birmingham. I found the Extended Essay training very useful and interesting, and the general arrangements were also excellent. I'm so glad I went.
- Claire Rawlinson, IBDP Coordinator, Trafford College, UK
- George Dixon International School Birmingham, Extended Essay workshop
"Just to let you and your team know that all our participants, both at Oakham and Wellington College, gained a great deal from the courses. Our CAS Coordinator went on to say it was the best PD he had been on. It was not only the PD part but the accommodation, food and ambiance that was a hit. I think you can be sure that we will be sending more people your way."
- Ron Entwistle, IBDP Coordinator
- Ras Al Khaimah English Speaking School